MPSC Civil Service preliminary Exam have two papers -
Paper I - (200 marks)
(1) Current events of state, national and international importance.
(2) History of India (with special reference to Maharashtra) and Indian National Movement.
(3) Maharashtra, India and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of Maharashtra, India and the World.
(4) Maharashtra and India - Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj,Urban Governance, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
(5) Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
(6) General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change-that do not require subject specialisation.
(7) General Science.
Paper II - (200 marks)
(2) Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
(3) Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
(4) Decision - making and problem - solving.
(5) General mental ability.
(6) Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (Charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.- Class X level)
(7) Marathi and English Language Comprehension skills (Class X/XII level).
** Questions relating to Marathi and English Language Comprehension skill of Class X/XII level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper II) will be tested through passages from Marathi and English language without providing cross translation thereof in the question paper
For more detail CLICK